First and foremost, take a deep breath and calm down. Observe the scene and get any injured persons to a place of safety, make sure everyone involved remains on the scene. Once you do that proceed with the following procedures:
- If anyone is injured, don’t attempt to provide medical treatment beyond what’s required of you in an emergency, such as CPR.
- Call 911, report the accident and wait for them to arrive.
- While you’re waiting, take down information from all parties involved when possible (driver’s license, insurance information, license plate numbers, contact information).
- Take out your cell phone and take pictures of everything involved.
- Once help arrives, provide a complete account of what’s happened from your perspective.
- Seek medical attention for yourself if you need it, don’t wait until later.
- With all of the collected information and pictures you have, message us on Facebook with your booking information, and we’ll take care of insurance and will provide you with further instructions.