We always encourage all car owners on ShiftRide to go the extra mile and do something special that makes the experience of the user who books their car exceptional. Exceptional bookings lead to more 5 star ratings which mean more users will know that your car is great and they should definitely book it without hesitation.
We recommend you get creative with this, but here are some suggestions:
- Keep your car clean: This is an obvious one but be sure to remove any garbage from your car, make sure it's clean on the inside and out, and try to leave a good amount of room in the trunk. If you need carwash, let us know and we'll be able to assist you with it. Also, keep your car smelling good.
- Keep your car with 1/2 tank of gas or more: We recommend before sharing, to make sure your car has at least 1/2 tank of gas so that users wouldn't need to gas up. Remember that when users use your car, you get paid for the gas portion as well.
- Make sure everything works: We recommend you check up on your car and it's main features like the headlights, oil, brakes, etc and make sure it is safe and properly maintained.
Going the 'Extra Mile'
- Leave water in the car: Users really appreciate it when owners leave a bottle of two of water in the car in case they get thirsty.
- Leave mint or gum in the car
- Leave notes in the car to help guide users around your car (especially if it's tricky)
- Leave a phone charger in your car (we provide you with one when you sign up)