First and foremost, take a deep breath and calm down. Observe the scene and get any injured persons to a place of safety. Make sure everyone involved remains on the scene. Once you do that proceed with the following procedures:
NOTE: You can access your insurance slip in the app by pressing "My Trip" > "View Insurance Slip". This is the coverage you have for your trip, NOT the one provided in the car as a physical document.
- If anyone is injured, don’t attempt to provide medical treatment beyond what’s required of you in an emergency, such as CPR.
- Call 911, report the accident and wait for them to arrive.
- While you’re waiting, take down information from all parties involved when possible (driver’s license from all parties involved, insurance information from all parties involved, license plate numbers and registrations of all vehicles involved, contact information of all parties involved).
- Take out your cell phone and take as many pictures as you can of the incident.
- Once help arrives, provide a complete account of what’s happened from your perspective.
- Seek medical attention for yourself if you need it, don’t wait until later.
- With all of the collected information and pictures you have, message us on our app with your booking information, and we’ll take care of insurance and will provide you with further instructions.
- End the trip in the ShiftRide app whenever and report that the vehicle has been damaged after you already contacted us.