Welcome to Sharing with ShiftRide!
You've made the right choice to turn your parked car into money! The steps from listing your car to having it shared on ShiftRide is pretty simple and can be done in less than 10 minutes. Here are the steps once you receive your starter kit:
- Plug in your ShiftRide BOX Device (view instructions): This device, included in your starter kit, tracks driving and charges users based on usage in kms.
- Attach your lockbox (view instructions): This is how you exchange keys with ShiftRide. When you park your car and are ready to share, simply leave your keys in this lockbox and attach it to the car or somewhere near the car, please see instructions on how to use it and where to place it.
- Apply your ShiftRide windshield stickers (view instructions): also included in your starter kit is 2 set of windshield stickers to help users identify your car.
- Fill out your car's info: send us some final information so that we can display your car in the app and make sure we have all the details. Once your car is listed, you're also covered by our insurance.
You're Ready! To start sharing, follow these steps.
Haven't received your starter kit yet?
Here's how to get yours...
- Registration Form: First sign up on shiftride.com/listing if you haven't done so already. You'll receive a link to this registration form to your email.
- Mechanical Inspection: Once you fill out the form, if your car is 4 years old or more, we'll get in touch with you via email or phone to schedule a mechanical inspection of your car to ensure its safety if one is required. This process usually takes less than 90 minutes but our mechanic partners have a shuttle service that you can use free of cost.
- Get Your Kit: The next step for us is to deliver your starter kit to you! If you haven't told us when and where to meet you, please do so by sending us an email.