As a car provider, you must meet the following eligibility requirements to list cars on ShiftRide:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Your car must be less than 15 years old.
- Your car must have less than 250,000 Kilometers.
- Your car is valued at less than $150,000 CAD in current market value.
- You must have auto insurance on the car. This is required by law in Ontario and a requirement for us to be able to provide separate insurance for customers.
- The vehicle has passed any required emission tests.
- The vehicle has at least 4 wheels and seats no more than 8 passengers.
- Each seat in the vehicle must have a fully functional seatbelt.
- The vehicle has to be a private passenger type vehicle with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of no more than 4500 kg.
- You must be the registered owner of the vehicle and may need to provide a valid photo ID, selfies with your ID, and a copy of your registration if asked by ShiftRide personnel for verification. If the vehicle is registered to a business, you will also need to provide the Article of Incorporation showing you as an owner of the business.
Also, while the car is being used on ShiftRide, you must:
- Maintain a high rating on ShiftRide as a car owner.
- Keep your car in a safe condition to be driven and ensure that your car does not receive more than 3 negative complaints regarding its safety from customers.