Welcome to Flexible Subscriptions with ShiftRide!
This is a quick summary guide to explain how ShiftRide works and how we’ll get you started in no time.
In a Nutshell
ShiftRide allows you to earn money by listing your car for flexible weekly subscriptions with trusted drivers nearby. In Ontario, ShiftRide provides insurance with every subscription.
ShiftRide’s Insurance Coverage
In order to ensure the safety and security of your car, drivers, and their passengers, we provide insurance at an additional cost to customers. This insurance coverage, provided by Northbridge Insurance is separate from yours, meaning ShiftRide will handle claims in the event that something goes wrong and your insurance should not be affected.
Before we allow any driver to get behind the wheel, we ensure that they're eligible to join by verifying their license and identity, performing a 3-Year Driving Record check, and making sure they have a valid payment method.
Only trusted drivers become ShiftRide subscribers and access your car.
Getting You Started
It’s really easy to get started listing your car on ShiftRide, here’s how...
1. Tell us about your car and have us check eligibility
Please note that for most cars, a safety inspection is not required.
2. Fill in the details for your car's listing
When you sign your car up on our website, we will ask you for the small but important details such as your car's features, listing location, fuel type and more. Some of this information will be publicly listed on our website for potential customers to view and sensitive information such as your car's location will only be shared with verified subscribers.
3. Set your own weekly pricing and restrictions.
You will also be asked to add a weekly price for your car. This is the fee customers will pay to book your car. You will earn 70% of this fee. You will also be able to set things such as weekly KM limits for customers and even overage km fees to be charged if a customer goes over your set limits.
5. Hit submit and see your listing online. Ready to go!
At this point, you're all set to earn money! We will list it shortly on shiftride.com for you and potential customers to see. Ask us to send you this link if you don't receive it from us after 24 hours of listing your car.
Now it's time to get your first subscriber and once they book, we'll check the availability of your car with you. Once you accept your first subscription, make sure your car has a full tank of gas, remove any valuables you may have in the car, and follow the rest of the steps before the upcoming subscription starts.
Checklist after listing with ShiftRide
Here’s a small checklist we put together for you after you’ve started listing on ShiftRide, most of which you're likely already doing while using your own car.
- Check the condition of the car and report any new damages immediately to us. You have to claim for damages within 48 hours of the subscription return time.
- Take a photo of your car's odometer to know how much your car was driven.
- Have the car available when it should be.
- Have a clean and sanitized car, and maintain it regularly (inside & out).
- Fill up the gas tank to full before your next subscription starts.
- If you're using a lockbox to share the keys, please be sure to give customers clear and concise instructions on how to use them and how to get the keys.
- Optional but recommended: Impress renters so that they leave a 5-Star rating for your car. This includes keeping your car organized, leaving water bottles in the car, mints, etc. Go the extra mile by following the steps here to ensure happy customers.
That’s pretty much all you need to know (in summary) to list your car. We do our best to make this guide better over time. Please remember to visit our Help Center for all the other questions you have. And if there’s anything we forgot to cover, please don’t hesitate to email us or leave a comment here.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if there are any issues or questions you may have.
General Contact Email: email@example.com
Reports for damages or issues with bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about ShiftRide: please visit us at www.shiftride.com