First and foremost, take a deep breath and calm down. Observe the scene and get any injured persons to a place of safety. Make sure everyone involved remains on the scene. Once you do that proceed with the following procedures:
NOTE: You can access your insurance slip through the subscription email sent to you or via your subscription page on shiftride.com. This is the coverage you have for your trip, NOT the one provided in the car as a physical document.
- If anyone is injured, don’t attempt to provide medical treatment beyond what’s required of you in an emergency, such as CPR.
- Call 911, report the accident and wait for them to arrive.
- While you’re waiting, take down information from all parties involved when possible (driver’s license from all parties involved, insurance information from all parties involved, license plate numbers and registrations of all vehicles involved, the contact information of all parties involved).
- Take out your cell phone and take as many pictures as you can of the incident.
- Once help arrives, provide a complete account of what’s happened from your perspective.
- Seek medical attention for yourself if you need it, don’t wait until later.
- With all of the collected information and pictures you have, message us on our website with your subscription information.
- Please get in touch with your car provider to report this as well.
At this point, based on our Terms of Service, we’ll either charge the damage fees to you or file an insurance claim for the car provider, if necessary. Please note that if there is an insurance claim made, you are responsible for a $1,000 insurance deductible payment if you were at-fault.
If we need any further information from you, we will be in touch.