If you've gotten into an accident: first and foremost, take a deep breath and calm down. Observe the scene and get any injured persons to a place of safety. Make sure everyone involved remains on the scene. Once you do that proceed with the following procedures:
NOTE: You can access your insurance slip provided to you at the time of sign up. This will be in your email. Email us if you would like us to provide another electronic copy of this.
- If anyone is injured, don’t attempt to provide medical treatment beyond what’s required of you in an emergency, such as CPR.
- Call 911, report the accident and wait for them to arrive.
- While you’re waiting, take down information from all parties involved when possible (driver’s license from all parties involved, insurance information from all parties involved, license plate numbers and registrations of all vehicles involved, contact information of all parties involved).
- Take out your cell phone and take as many pictures as you can of the incident.
- Once help arrives, provide a complete account of what’s happened from your perspective.
- Seek medical attention for yourself if you need it, don’t wait until later.
- With all of the collected information and pictures you have, message us on our app with your booking information. If you've added insurance to your subscription, we’ll take care of insurance and will provide you with further instructions. Otherwise, please make a claim with your own insurance company.
- End the trip in the ShiftRide app whenever and report that the vehicle has been damaged after you already contacted us.
Find out more about our insurance coverage here.