When you Subscribe with ShiftRide, the car is required for a mandatory in-person or remote check-up every 7 days.
When you are doing a check-up for your car, or when you're done using the car and want to cancel your subscription or swap cars, the vehicle provider or ShiftRide personnel will complete a Checkup, Check-Out, and Swap Process, which includes completing the checklist below.
During this process, if any of the following fail the check, you will be responsible for fees applied based on the “Fees section” in our Terms of Service.
- The vehicle does not have excess wear and tear. Excess wear and tear includes but is not limited to dents and scratches larger than 3 inches in diameter.
- The vehicle has not been modified in any way, including but not limited to mechanical or physical modifications.
- The vehicle has not seen any mechanical damage due to poor or improper driving patterns.
- The vehicle has not been driven over the kilometre limit set on your subscription term based on the "Distance Allowances" section of our Terms of Service.
- Your rating or driving eligibility has not fallen outside of the requirements set by both ShiftRide and your vehicle provider. Your rating can include poor driving behaviour or dangerous driving patterns detected during your subscription.
- There are no outstanding parking tickets, toll route fees, speeding and/or red light camera tickets on the vehicle received during and/or as a result of your subscription.
- Your account is in good standing and you do not have any outstanding balances to be paid.